Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tips and Tricks

If you're like me, it's easy to become overwhelmed by all the hype about nutrition. I'm not completely organic nor do I plan to be. Little changes and baby steps can make a big difference. Take for instance, Yoplait Yogurt. Yoplait now has a Simply GoGurt that is free from artificial colors, flavors and sweeteners. Woo hoo!!!
Another yogurt tip, don't buy flavored yogurt because it is stacked with sugar. Buy plain yogurt and add vanilla flavoring, honey, or even a spoon full of sugar would be better than the 38 grams they have packed in per serving. Our favorite is plain yogurt, dash of cinnamon, sliced strawberries, 1 tsp. vanilla, and 1/2 packet of stevia.

2 comments:

  1. I will have to try these for the kids lunches. I recently gave up diet cokes and am going to gradually try and get rid of other artificial sweeteners in our diets too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Simply Gogurt but wish it came in more flavors. As far as I know it only comes in strawberry or peach but my store only has strawberry which isn't our favorite flavor. It also seems to be a little cheaper ($2.25 instead of $2.50 for regular Gogurt). I pack them in the kids lunches for school. If you freeze them and put it in the lunchbox, it helps keep the rest cold too. And they are good frozen for dessert.

    ReplyDelete