Monday, October 11, 2010

Got Chaos?

If your family is anything like my family then you need all the short cuts and organization you can find. Between piano lessons on Monday, soccer practice on Tuesday, Bible class on Wednesday I'm looking anything that will make my life easy. My Food Saver has become a very good friend of mine. I buy 5 lbs. of ground beef at a time and set aside one day to cook it. I just eyeball a pound at a time and brown it then let it cool and package it up. Throw them in the freezer until the day comes when I realize at 4:30 that I have no clue what's for dinner. You can either defrost it in a pot of boiling water (like a bag of rice) or throw it in a skillet on low heat. At this point, you can add taco seasoning, spaghetti sauce, bbq and ketchup or put it in a casserole.
Also, if you're into buying your meat in bulk (which is usually wayyy cheaper) try different marinades and package your leftovers up for later in the week or month.
I love my Food Saver!!

No comments:

Post a Comment