Thursday, January 27, 2011

Life lessons

I'm teaching the infant class at church this quarter and I absolutely love it. I usually have 4 or 5 one year olds and while we don't do a standard lesson we sing our little hearts out. A few weeks ago, while we were singing "This Little Light of Mine" I thought to myself, "I really need to take these words to heart." Here I was singing a song that I've sung since I was a toddler and then BAM a wake-up call.


So many times I get caught up in the moment and I don't let MY light shine. We've all been in situations where we could've taken a stand for the truth and didn't or stood up for someone who was being bullied or just gone out of our way for someone and we didn't. Sometimes it's my attitude that gets me in trouble. And believe me, people are watching and listening to you even when you don't realize it.


Matthew 5:16 says, "Let your light shine before men, so they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."


As the second verse of the song says, "never let the devil blow it out." This week I'm going to work on shining my light and not giving the devil a chance!

Jenny

1 comment: