Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Snack of the Day

Homemade Popsicles

Who doesn't like a popsicle?  We go through a lot of them during the summer but this year will be a little bit different.  Instead of feeding my kids the sugar-filled, tie-dyed junk pops I'll be serving my version of the cool treat.

Yogurt Pops

1/2 cup Plain Yogurt, full fat (low fat and fat free usually have added sugar)
5 Frozen Strawberries or berries of your choice
1 Tbsp. Honey
1/4 cup milk
Plastic popsicle holder thingy (I bought mine at Wal Mart for about $2)


Put everything in blender and pour in holder and freeze.

(as you can see in the picture, we couldn't wait for them to freeze so we had a smoothie)


I've also used Capri Sun Waters and that was a hit!  1 pouch made 3 popsicles...how cheap is that?!

3 comments:

  1. You know Jenny, I NEVER make popsicles! This is a great idea that I can let Tay make this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my kids would love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey jenny! we do these too! and the kids love them :) great after school treats!

    ReplyDelete